Blanco is a small family owned guest resort which caters to families around South Africa.
Blanco is know for its relaxed, personable, friendly, fun loving, natural, out-doorsy environment and we are looking for people who fit with this.
No hospitality experience is necessarily required but if you have been in hospitality then food and beverage managers will also fit one of the roles we are looking for.
Blanco has its own business model entirely and is a unique animal so because of this we are looking for people who are all-rounder’s.
This means that the following will be valuable if you apply
(you do not have to have all of the attributes mentioned below, this is just some of what we are looking for between the 2 new people we would like to hire and some of the skills we deem necessary to be able to fit in at Blanco)
- Loves the country
- Great communication skills
- Enjoys working with people
- Prepared to work flexible and sometimes long hours. If you are looking for a 9 – 5 day, Monday to Friday job do not apply.
Must be confidant and self-assured whilst still humble and kind
- Must be able to be flexible and deal with a changing working environment
- Must be able to remain calm and level headed for the most part and always bring an open mind to situations
- Have a great sense of humour and know how to have fun
- Must be honest, loyal and committed
- Must know how to work respectfully with others
- Highly computer literate
- Maintenance and handyman abilities
- Food and beverage management, reservation and front of house abilities
- Hosting guests
- Excellent understanding of social media and marketing
- Has a love of food and cooking and is not scared of catering
- Must have an innate understanding of etiquette and professionalism around people
- Have an eye for detail and décor
- Enjoy gardening and grounds maintenance
- Must be willing to sign up for a year’s contract.
Basically, we are looking for good people to help us run our lovely little guest farm (that has been around for so many years and that has crept into the hearts of many South African families) with a level of dedication and commitment that this old establishment deserves.
To apply, please send your CV and a very short video clip of yourself just briefly mentioning why you would potentially like to join us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are so excited to hear from you and to find that magic fit between us and our new team members.